- Resource Directory
- School and Program Directory
- Addiction Treatment Programs
- African American Youth
- Asian Youth
- Boarding Schools
- Boot Camps
- Boys Only
- Buddhist Youth Programs
- Catholic Programs
- Christian Based
- Clinically Based
- College Support
- Eating Disorders
- Educational Services
- Equine Therapy
- Girls Only
- Hebrew Youth Programs
- Hispanic Youth
- Learning Disabilities
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender
- Military Style
- Muslim Programs
- Native American Youth
- Over Seas & Abroad
- Preteen Programs
- Semitic Youth
- Special Needs
- Summer Camps & Programs
- Teen Homeless Shelters & Programs
- Therapeutic Treatment Programs
- Transition Programs
- Treatment For Sexual Issues
- Young Adult Programs
- Weight Loss Programs
- Wilderness Based
- Resources For Parents
- Local Resources
- Resources for Teens
- Resources for Professionals
- School and Program Directory
- Hotline Directory
- Guest Posting
- Contact Us
Four Circles Recovery Center
What Is Four Circles Recovery Center?
Four Circles Recovery Center puts together a caring residential community with experiential wilderness therapy and comprehensive substance abuse programs in order to help build a life changing experience for young people who are experiencing challenges of behavioral or emotional issues like depression, substance abuse, and addiction. Located in stunning Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina, Four Circles accepts young adults, ages 18 to 28, with interests in pursuing actively sustained recovery from the underlying issues which drive the youth to substance abuse and addiction. Acceptance of adults more than 28 years old is on a case-to-case basis.
The Four Circles Recovery Center Program
Four Circles is a licensed treatment program on substance abuse which makes use of a powerful blend of services which are research supported to offer treatment opportunities which are highly effective for young people who have problems with substance abuse and co-existing disorders.
Wilderness-based Four Circles is chosen by young adults because:
- Clinical excellence: The team is composed of licensed, knowledgeable professionals with extensive training and experience in substance abuse recovery and treatment.
- Backed by research: The efficacy and value of the wilderness rehabilitation program is proven by independent research conducted by the Center for Research, Assessment, and Treatment Efficacy (CReATE), with the University of Arkansas. Initial analysis reveals Four Circles’ participants show fewer symptoms of anxiety and depression, substance dependency and abuse, stronger inspiration for recovery, and positive changes in overall functioning and quality of life.
- Fully accredited: Four Circles is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
- Grounded in the 12 Steps: The 12-Step principles are merged into all aspects of the wilderness rehabilitation program. The principles are a significant tool for the participants who are suffering from substance abuse as these principles teach the young people to cope healthily with the problem and offer them a support network which boosts their chances for a continual recovery.
- Blend of Holistic and Traditional Therapies: Through wilderness therapy and traditional addiction counseling, the center helps young adults to begin their self-expression journey by exploring their personal issues. The holistic treatment approach helps the participants develop a balanced, healthy well-being by achieving sustained recovery and focusing on the emotional, spiritual, physical, and mental spheres of life.
- The Wilderness’s Transformative Power: The pure wilderness of North Carolina permits a participant to associate the most important and essential elements of self which allows the young person to rebuild his/her life through the nature’s power to transform.
- Treatment Programs which are Gender-Specific: Four Circles provides treatment for both young men and women and offers separate programs to meet each of their specific needs. The emphasis of the men’s program is on experiential learning and adventure while for women, the issues of recovery in the safety and comfort are addressed through a supportive, nurturing environment.
- Exhaustive Family Program: The Center offers a 2-day family workshop each month, weekly conference calls with families, a family workbook, and weekly therapy sessions with the family in order to take care, educate, and engage each of the family members.
- Aftercare: Because recovery is a very long process which extends beyond the participant’s time at the Center, Four Circles works closely with referral sources, participants, and their families in order to create a detailed aftercare and discharge plan which includes helping the participants identify and develop the appropriate aftercare programs and support system in their community.
- Four Circles Recovery Center Increases Clinical Sophistication, Announces New Program Manager, Dr. Melanie Weis, LPC, NCC (prweb.com)
- Catherine Freer Wilderness Therapy Program (rescueyouth.com)
- Wilderness Quest (rescueyouth.com)
- The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University (psychsplash.com)
- Chronic Relapse? Unresolved Sex and Love Addiction May Be… (blogs.psychcentral.com)
- Echo Springs Transition Study Center (rescueyouth.com)
- Gene Variants May Factor into Impulsivity, Substance Abuse (psychcentral.com)
- InnerRoads Wilderness Program (rescueyouth.com)
- Spring Break Worries Lead Families to Seek Sober Alternatives at Four Circles Recovery Center Wilderness Rehab Program for Young Adults (prweb.com)
- Four Circles Recovery Center Celebrates Three Years as a Leader in the Field of Addiction Treatment (prweb.com)
Originally posted 2011-12-05 07:37:41.