What Is Wellspring Camps?
Wellspring Camps offers weight loss camps for women, young adults, teenagers, and kids. Its scientific approach to activity management and diet helps people manage their weight better forever. It trains campers on the skills required to have a healthy weight and offers families a sustainable and simple solution in order to support campers at home.
The camp has 11 weight loss camps in the summer and offers three different programs: weight loss camps, Wellspring Family Camp, and Wellspring Women’s Program. The weight loss camps are for young adults, teenagers, and kids, ages 11 to 24 while the Wellspring Family Camp is for families with kids ages 5 to 15. The Wellspring Women’s Program caters to women at least 25 year old.
As of today, Wellspring has 11 weight loss camps located around the United States of America.
- Wellspring Camp La Jolla: It is located in the University of California San Diego and is considered the most prestigious fitness and weight loss summer camp in the USA. Campers enjoy beach activities and yoga, kickboxing, and strength training classes. They also have trips to Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm, SeaWorld, games, activities on campus, hiking, and mountain biking adventures. Wellspring Camp La Jolla accepts kids and teenagers from age 8 to 18, and young men and women from 19 to 24 years old.
- Wellspring Texas is open for kids and teenagers from age 11 to 18. It offers adventure activities, sports, and weight loss training. Trips to the Schlitterbahn Water Park, Six Flags, and SeaWorld are also part of the program.
- Wellspring New York targets young women from age 11 to 24. Located in Union College, Wellspring camp tours the Great Escape Theme Park, New York City, and Niagara Falls as part of the program.
- Wellspring Adventure Camp North Carolina is for kids and teenagers, ages 11 to 18. It combines camping, hiking, kayaking, rappelling, rock climbing, and whitewater rafting with traditional camp activities and team sports. Situated in Blue Ridge Mountains, trips to Dollywood’s Splash Country and Carowinds Theme Park are also included in the camp activities.
- Wellspring Wisconsin offers aerobics, weight lifting, personal training, tennis, volleyball, basketball, fitness, and swimming to 11 and 18 year old boys and girls. Trips to Kalahari Indoor Theme Park, Noah’s Ark Water Park, and Six Flags Theme Park are also included.
- Wellspring Family Camp is located in La Jolla, California and caters to families with a maximum of three children ages five to fifteen. The campers enjoy camp activities, games, different sports, and culinary and fitness classes. Trips to Hollywood, Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm, and SeaWorld are included in the program. Mountain biking, hiking, and bonfires on the beach are part of the camp activities.
- Wellspring UK is the only scientifically based weight loss summer program in Europe. Located in Exeter University in England, the program caters to kids and young adults ages 11 to 24. Outdoor activities include netball, tennis, hockey, swimming, and other sports. London Eye, Alton Towers, and LEGOLAND trips are also part of the program.
- Wellspring Pennsylvania is a co-ed camp in Pennsylvania located in the center of Poconos. It offers adventure and sports activities like canoeing, hiking, softball, volleyball, soccer, and basketball. Trips to New York City, Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom, and Camelbeach Mountain Water Park are part of the itineraries of the summer weight loss camp. The camp caters to young people ages eleven to twenty four.
- Wellspring Florida is based is located in Central Florida and offers indoor and outdoor fitness choices. Indoor playing fields, aerobics studios, cardio rooms, weight rooms, walking trails, volleyball courts, and swimming pools are part of the facilities of the camp. Disney World, Kennedy Space Center, and Universal Studios are also part of the summer camp’s itineraries. The camp accepts boys and girls ages eleven to eighteen.
- Wellspring Women’s Program caters to women who are at least 25 years old. The summer program is set on grounds of University of California San Diego and offers tailored activities to realize each of the participants’ goals and fitness levels. It offers personal training, yoga, dance, and aerobic classes. Vacation itineraries also include trips to Hollywood, Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm, and SeaWorld.
- Wellspring Academy of California Summer Program is for young men and women ages twelve to twenty four offers opportunities to earn academic credit, get in shape, and lose weight.
The Wellspring Camps Program
Wellspring offers a comprehensive weight loss and fitness program, which is based on scientific research on long-term weight control and dramatic weight loss. The Wellspring Plan includes continuing care, family involvement, lifestyle change, activity management, and low fat diet. A low density and low fat diet is the optimal diet to counter the environmental and biological factors. Campers are taught how to cook the foods they have at camp, how to order foods in restaurants, and how to shop at grocery stores. Campers are also made to achieve more than 10,000 steps everyday through sports, games, weight loss activities, hikes, and walks.
In Wellspring, campers are helped to keep the weight lost at camp by encouraging permanent changes in activity and diet. Behavioral Coaches are employed to coach every camper actively in order to achieve long-term weight loss and weight control. Family involvement is important in the success of the Wellspring camp therefore they are asked to attend Family Workshops and participate in the Continuing Care program where parents learn how to have a healthy lifestyle. Behavioral Coaches monitor the campers for the continuing care program, which lasts for one year where they communicate online with campers, and helps in self-monitoring, goal setting, and weigh-ins.